Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Making cards

Over the weekend I created about 10 or so cards. I am always in need of birthday cards so I determined to make some. I chose my least favorite Project Life 3" x 4" cards - as in, I hated the colors! Green, rust, yellow and black-ish colors that I purchased a year or so ago. I knew these cards would never find a place in my scrapbook because I disliked the colors. I HATE to throw anything away that could possibly be used so why not use them on cards?

I ended up covering the PL cards with vellum to soften the colors. Then I was really pleased with the result. I added some die cut leaves and flowers on top and used my Stampin' Up stamp and tag punch on top.

I have fallen back in love with my Big Shot die cut machine. When I saw the new magnetic platform and hard foam plates - I knew I had to have them. My acrylic plates and platform with all warped and wouldn't cut evenly - even with a metal shim. Using the new foam plates, I have even cut-outs from my dies. That has cut down on my frustration as well as half-cut paper images. I saw this platform and plates at Michael's - and of course I used a 40% off coupon.

OH! Another great tool I'm freaking about is the WeRMemoryKeepers Envelope Punch Maker. SO cool and easy to use. I can make any size envelope for any size card needed. After finding some old Close to my Heart patterned paper, I made coordinating envelopes for the cards I made. Looks pretty good.



I will post a picture or two of my cards and envelopes this evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment